Thursday, June 9, 2016

Meet Me


Hello, 
I am Teigan Maynard.
I am a proud wife, a mother of two wonderful children, an artist, and the owner of  Little Bug Craftz. I have been suffering with Epilepsy my whole life. Which, I feel, gives me the strength and motivation to want to succeed even harder.

               My whole life, I have been told that I would not be able to live a normal or long life. That just having one bad seizure could kill me or turn me into a vegetable. They even went as far as telling me that I could not have children. I have a list of things I can not do from doctors and my parents. Yet, no matter what, I am a fighter.



          I decided years ago that I was not going to let my illness win. I had decided, for myself, that I wanted a normal life and I was determined to have one. I have been blessed with having two healthy and extremely smart children. I have also been blessed with an amazing husband that takes care of me even when I am not able to do it for myself.

My family and I are from New Orleans, Louisiana. This city is beautiful and is filled with talented creative people. I am grateful that I grew up here and that my children get to experience the enriched cluster of cultures.



           One of my favorite gifts in life is that my husband and I have different artistic talents, but when we put our work together we can create amazing works of art.

               I started my business a few years ago for the simple reason of sharing my view on beautiful works of art and creativity. I call my business “Little Bug Craftz” after my children. It felt like every time I had decided to go pick up my paint brush or my hot glue gun, I heard “Mommy can I…?”, “Mommy I want….”, or simply “Mom”. It is funny because if I was just sitting around not thinking of doing anything, they can be quiet as can be, but the moment I started feeling creative, they somehow knew it. So they became my inspiration for my name “Little Bug Craftz”. They are my Little Bugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment